There’s a big bush of these purple beans in our backyard garden and when it’s bean season that means beans for breakfast, lunch, and dinner (if you grow beans you know where we’re coming from). We ran out of ways to prepare them until our friend Molly Watson, suggested roasting them. Genius! Simple + insanely delicious too!
- Fistful of green, purple or whatever color you can find, pole beans.
- 1 teaspoon+ Olive oil
- Salt, we use Maldon because we like the crunch of its big flaky crystals
- Fresh herbs for garnish (optional): basil or parsely, dill, tarragon, cilantro, etc.
- Beans: Preheat your oven to 450ºF. Put the beans in a small bowl and add a teaspoon of olive oil. Toss to coat. You’re aiming for beans just barely coated with oil.
- Roast: Spread the beans out on a baking sheet and roast for 8 minutes. They are going to shrivel and shrink a bit but should still have a bit of crunch. You can start checking at 8 minutes (grab one and taste) and cook until about 10 minutes at the most, depending on the thickness of the beans.
- Serve: Remove the pan from the oven, spread the beans out on a plate or platter, sprinkle with a big pinch of salt, tear any fresh herbs you have and spread over the top and serve.
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Vegetables
- Method: Roast
- Cuisine: Californian
Keywords: roasted green beans, purple beans recipe, roast, healthy
You also might like our Roasted Carrots with Cilantro Yogurt Sauce recipe.