You’ve boiled, blanched, simmered and most likely cooked green beans to death before, but here’s a practically fool-proof method for the most flavorful beans ever.
- Fistful of green, purple or whatever color you can find, pole beans.
- 1 teaspoon+ Olive oil
- Salt, we use Maldon because we like the crunch of its big flaky crystals
- Fresh herbs for garnish (optional): basil or parsely, dill, tarragon, cilantro, etc.
- Preheat your oven to 450ºF
- Put the beans in a small bowl and add a teaspoon of olive oil. Toss to coat. You’re aiming for beans just barely coated with oil.
- Spread the beans out on a baking sheet and roast for 8 minutes. They are going to shrivel and shrink a bit but should still have a bit of crunch. You can start checking at 8 minutes (grab one and taste) and cook until about 10 minutes at the most, depending on the thickness of the beans.
- Remove the pan from the oven, spread the beans out on a plate or platter, sprinkle with a big pinch of salt, tear any fresh herbs you have and spread over the top and serve.
Keywords: green beans, roast, healtny, simple