This strawberry caprese salad, from Erin Gleeson of The Forest Feast, is a California-style seasonal twist on the classic Italian tomato and basil appetizer! Try it with a glass of crisp, slightly chilled white wine–we like to pair it with a California Chenin blanc.Print
For the vinaigrette
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
For the salad
- 2 cups strawberries, slice in half
- 1 bunch chopped basil
- 1 cup bocconcini (mozzarella balls)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- sea salt
- Whisk together the olive oil and balsamic vinegar in a small bowl.
- Combine the strawberries, basil, bocconcini and walnuts in a large bowl.
- Add half the vinaigrette to the strawberry mix and toss to combine. Add more vinaigrette as needed to taste.
- Arrange on a large plate or platter, sprinkle sea salt and serve immediately.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: California
- Serving Size: 6
- Calories: 642
Keywords: strawberry caprese