This recipe is barely a recipe, more of a guideline. It makes an easy side dish but I love it as an appetizer with the yogurt on the side for dipping. Rainbow carrots are especially stunning here if you can find them at your farmers market.
- 2 bunches baby carrots, all but 1 inch of the greens removed (peeled if desired)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1⁄2 cup whole-milk Greek yogurt or lebneh 2 teaspoons pimenton, toasted until just fragrant
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄4 cup raw almonds, coarsely chopped and toasted until lightly browned and fragrant
Heat oven to 400°. Place the carrots on a baking sheet big enough to hold them all in one layer and drizzle with the olive oil and a generous pinch each of salt and pepper, tossing well to coat evenly.
Roast the carrots without disturbing until golden brown and caramelized on the bottom, 10–15 minutes. Turn them once and continue cooking until nicely browned all over and just tender when pierced with a paring knife.
While carrots are cooking, combine the yogurt, pimenton, honey and a pinch each of salt and pepper.
Spread the carrots on a serving platter and drizzle the yogurt over the top. Sprinkle with toasted almonds and serve. Alternatively, yogurt can be served alongside the carrots.
- Serving Size: 4
Keywords: roasted carrots