Sesame Seaweed Guacamole
Serve this creamy, vibrant, mineral-rich sesame seaweed guacamole with corn tortilla chips, alongside any summer grilled vegetables, or tucked inside fish tacos with a crunchy Asian slaw.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Dip
- Cuisine: California
- 3 tablespoons loosely packed dried seaweed such as sea palm (a.k.a. pacific sea Crunchies), wakame, hijiki, or arame. dressing
- 1 1/2 teaspoons white miso paste
- 3/4 teaspoon raw honey
- 3/4 teaspoon tamari or shoyu sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 large very ripe avocados
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon dried dulse flakes
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
- pinch cayenne or wasabi powder (optional)
- Place the seaweed in a small bowl and cover with warm water to rehydrate for 10 minutes. Drain in a fine-mesh sieve, press out extra water, and coarsely chop. In a medium-size mixing bowl, combine the dressing ingredients and whisk together until the miso is completely incorporated.
- Slice avocados in half, remove pits, and scoop the flesh into the bowl along with the rehydrated seaweed, cilantro, dried Dulse, and sesame seeds. For added spice, sprinkle a little cayenne or wasabi as well. Using a fork, mash until just combined but still chunky. Top with any leftover rehydrated seaweed.