Roasted carrots with miso chili butter is one of our favorite things! And we love to dab the miso chili butter on grilled fish too, as well as other vegetables, and it’s especially mouthwatering when it melts onto a pan-fried ribeye.
The carrot is a humble thing. Always there, waiting in the crisper drawer for a call to action. Easy to take for granted, for its procurable status in the market, and often overlooked for the sexier vegetables of spring, like fava beans and asparagus. If you have fresh, small spring carrots for this recipe, don’t bother to peel them. Just give them a scrub and they are ready to go.Print
Roasted Carrots with Miso Chili Butter
Miso chili butter combines the savoriness of soy with the spice of chilis and sweetness of butter. It’s especially delicious on roasted vegetables!
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Vegetable
- Method: Roasting
- Cuisine: California
- 1 pound baby carrots, mixed colors if possible
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon yellow miso paste
- 1 large pinch red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Scrub the baby carrots, or peel if needed. Cut larger carrots in half to make similar-sized carrots.
- Spread on a baking sheet in an even layer (use 2 sheets if necessary and rotate halfway through cooking).
- Drizzle with a little olive oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 15–20 minutes, turning once, until just cooked and a bit browned in spots.
- While carrots are roasting, combine butter, miso paste and red pepper flakes.
- When carrots come out of the oven, put them on a platter and dot with miso butter to melt. You will have extra butter left over, which you can use on other veggies, meat or fish.
- Serving Size: 4
Keywords: roasted carrot miso chili butter