- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 shallots, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh Meyer lemon juice
- Zest of 1 Meyer lemon
- ¼ cup sliced pepperoncini
- 12 ounces fresh bucatini
- 1 reserved cup pasta water
- 2 tablespoons crème fraiche
- 8–10 ounces crabmeat (yield from a 2-pound crab), cracked and cleaned.
- ¼ cup parsley
- Boil and salt a large pot of water to cook the fresh pasta.
- In a sauté pan large enough to hold the finished pasta, heat the olive oil and butter over medium-high heat.
- Add the shallots and cook for a few minutes until soft, but not brown. Add the garlic and cook until soft. Add the lemon juice, zest and pepperoncini.
- Cook the bucatini according to package directions, just a few minutes for fresh pasta. Using tongs, transfer the pasta directly from the pot into the sauté pan. Add ½ cup of the pasta water and 2 tablespoons crème fraiche.
- Coat pasta with sauce, adding more pasta water if needed. Fold in crabmeat and parsley.
- Adjust seasoning, adding more pepperoncini, lemon or salt if desired