- 1/2 Cup balsamic vinegar
- 4 ripe but still firm peaches, halved
- Olive oil
- Clover Sonoma Vanilla ice cream
- Black pepper (optional)
- In a small sauce pan, bring the balsamic vinegar to a boil and immediately reduce the heat to low. Stir occasionally until the liquid in the pan is reduced by half ( you should end up with 1/4 cup). Let cool and pour into a small pitcher or bowl.
- Start a small fire in your grill using almost 1 chimney of charcoal briquets (30-40). For a gas grill, set the temperature to 450°F.
- Slice the peaches in half horizontally and gently twist apart. Remove the pit and brush each side with olive oil.
- When the coals have died down to grey ash (no flames), put the peaches directly over the heat and cook for 5 minutes or until the peaches are soft to the touch when gently squeezed.
- Scoop the vanilla ice cream (we like Clover Sonoma vanilla ice cream, it has just the right amount of butterfat to make a silky smooth sundae) on to dessert plates or bowls and put one or two peach halves on top. Drizzle the balsamic sauce over the top and add a few grinds of black pepper (optional).
- Serving Size: 4
Keywords: grilled peaches