- 2 pounds russet potatoes
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons thyme leaves
- 1 pound tail-on shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon chile flakes (or more)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 4 cups spinach
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Lime for serving
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Wash and dry the potatoes. Cut into rough ¾-inch dice. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine all the other potato ingredients and stir into a paste. Toss in the potatoes and coat well. Spread into a single layer on a large baking sheet. Bake for about 40 minutes, turning halfway through. Potatoes should be crispy and golden. Keep potatoes warm in oven while preparing the shrimp.
- Heat a cast-iron skillet over high heat. In a medium bowl, toss the shrimp with olive oil, salt and chile flakes. When the skillet is smoking hot, add the shrimp and cook in a single layer, not turning until they are almost cooked through, which could be as quickly as a minute. Flip the shrimp and remove when just cooked through. Repeat with the remaining shrimp.
- Add a splash of olive oil to the pan and add garlic to fry for a moment, then quickly sauté the spinach until just wilted. Season with salt and pepper.
- Layer curry potatoes on top of spinach, and top with shrimp.
- Finish with the chopped parsley and oregano and a generous squeeze of lime.
- Serving Size: 4
Keywords: shrimp curry